2010-04-29

Hey you!...That's right I'm talking to you!


Are you the type of person that it takes someone knocking you upside the head or standing in your face with a bullhorn to get your attention? I am and was reminded of it in a great conversation the other day with a lady on staff concerning the Holy Spirit.

So often i go through my days thinking about facts and hard logic. i tend to take past history or "common sense" into my decision making and advice that i give to others. Times that i feel leadings outside of these areas i often refer to as my conscience or emotional intelligence.

The thing is, when i chalk it up to my "conscience" its too easy to ignore it because I don't feel accountable to God in it - it's "my" conscience not God's spirit. I am finding that the more i am grounded on the Word daily and resting in moments of prayer my "conscience" begins working overtime!

I had some questions i needed answered to i went to my friend with those and within a few minutes she was handing me a book on the Holy Spirit and encouraging me to acknowledge these promptings as God speaking through His Spirit, not my own mind. I shared my feelings that it's a lot easier to ignore my own self than God's Spirit and how scary it can be to let go and surrender to the Spirit. In response she shared this really beautiful and encouraging thought:

"The Holy Spirit knows you better than you know yourself and He will never prompt you in an area you are not equipped to handle". 

Talk about a freeing statement if you acknowledge its truth! When we are daily in the Word and in open conversation with God we should have confidence in His leading through the Holy Spirit, moving boldly into territories he's already prepared us for.

For me this is still easier said than done but i am choosing to own this Truth as I start each day in hopes that I will acknowledge Him in every prompting and situation. How about you?

1 comment: